Tuesday, March 16, 2010

CHANGE of EMOTIONS...

I attended a meeting of divorced men and women tonight earlier at church with a good friend of mine, she didn't want to go alone. Listening to the rude and horrid comments some of them made about their use to be spouses made me feel ill. My friend for instance and her ex husband. I met him with her and they were inseperable for about five years. He was attentive, kind, loving and helpful and she was all that and more. I once saw him in tears because she hurt her hand slamming the car door on it. She treated him as if he would break if he did anything too difficult. They had pet names for each other; him, she called sweetheart or my love. She was called Honey Bunny.

At the meeting which he also attended they glared at one another with such hatred, she called him everything under her breath that I dare not write here and he called her not Honey or Bunny also not printable here.

On the way home barely a word was spoken until she finally said to me, "want to know why we got divorced?" I had never asked her. I said, "okay, I have always wondered!"

She said stop the car and she turned to me and said, " Remember when I went to Texas to see my son graduate and he stayed home to watch the painters paint the house?"
"I do remember that," said I.
"Well, I got home to Vegas earlier than planned and wanted to surprise him so I rented a car and drove home. I had wine and stopped for his favorite pizza and let myself in. It was around 7:30 p.m. I heard music but didn't see anyone, I walked through the house and still no one. I happened to see a light out back and noticed the pool lights weren't on but the music was coming for out there. I'm not sure why but got a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, and low and behold, there they were locked together in the jacuzzi..."
I said, "OMG! Did you know her, the woman he was with."
She just looked at me and laughed saying, "not her, him! It was one of the young painters."
He had the nerve to say, "it's not cheating if it's not a woman and that he had always been bisexual, which was news to me."
She of course divorced him immediately, and the jerk seemed surprised. . .

I have seen this same change of emotion time and time again between people. People fall madly in LOVE, and end up sadly in HATE . I wonder, where does this strong all incompassing emotion of love go? How does one emotion become the other, and just as strong? Any suggestions?

Before I forget. . .
HAPPY SAINT PATRICKS DAY. . .


No comments:

Post a Comment