Thursday, March 18, 2010

AND THE BEAT GOES ON!!!

I have two adorable Yorkshire Terriers named Reeta and Rosee. My girls turned 13 last February, making them little old ladies, although you'd never know it as frisky as they are.

I have a friend, wait let me rephrase that! I have an acquaintance who use to work in a grooming salon at the Vet I went to, and after a time she was let go, for what I have no clue. So to help her (and me) out, for the past 12 years I have allowed her to groom my dogs in my home every couple months. I paid more than the salon rate, giving her $100.00 for the two dogs each grooming; which consisted of their nails cut, ears cleaned, glands expelled and a bath. My dogs are afraid of strange noises so no dryer is used, plus they only weigh in at between 8 & 10 pounds with short whispy hair to begin with, so they air dry very quickly.

This has worked out well and my dogs have gotten use to her, and not going to a salon all these many years. I've tried calling her now for three months to schedule a grooming but getting no answer. . . Her phone rings and rings but still NO ANSWER! I finally sent her a letter snail mail asking what's going on, and would she please call me at least. The mail never came back which means she or someone got it, and still nothing!

This may not seem like an earth shattering problem to be blogging about except that my dogs are not use to going out and I am afraid that new surroundings, new people handling them, being caged until groomed and possibly having a huge dryer blowing toward them while caged, (the way most shops operate) could cause them harm. They are after all 13 year old dogs.

I ask you, is this any way to run a business? Carla, where the hell are you???

So now I have to go out and buy good scissors, maybe a clipper and try grooming them myself. I am no dog groomer but I have cut my own hair on occasion, so who knows I may be okay grooming my little dogs too. . .I apparently don't have much of a choice.

Anyway, wish me luck as I enter into yet another phase of my ever changing life. . . "dog grooming!" And the beat goes on!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, what a fix you're in! I know my little Dachshund is way more temperamental about change that my big Labs are. I've heard some people say they take their dogs to Pet Smart because the grooming is usually in a large, open area usually with a big window so your baby can see you. Around here there are also mobile groomers that make house calls. You must be wringing your hands over this. Hope it all works out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I've stopped trying to contact my disappearing groomer and also trying to do it myself. I don't know who's more nervous, the dogs or me! Nope, I do know, it is definitely ME!!!

    ReplyDelete