Tuesday, April 13, 2010

WASTING TIME...

Earlier today I was sitting in a lounge chair on my patio enjoying the mild weather and sunlight. I was watching some birds frolicking on the roof across the street, tweeting and chasing one another around the trees. They didn't seem to have a care in the world. That made me feel good and I couldn't help but smile, when all of a sudden, out of nowhere a hawk swooped down and grabbed one dove in his tallons, flying high into the sky until he disappeared. The other birds all flew for cover. Suddenly it was still and they were all gone as if they'd vanished by magic.

This reminded me of Easter Sunday when my little dog Rosee, who seemed fine the day before, suddenly and without warning died. OUR LIVES CAN CHANGE IN AN INSTANT. One minute we're happy and fine and the next in the grip of the tallons of a hawk or something of that nature.

I am reminded of the time my friends daughter who was nine, wanted her to play cutouts with her. Just sit down awhile and enjoy one anothers company playing together. My friend was too busy stating she had too much work to do as she always did when asked to play. That night, and the way it always seems to happen; without warning her child somehow fell and hit her head on the corner of her dresser. Two days later she died without ever gaining consciousness. My friend said as she sobbed that she had wasted her daughters childhood working instead of spending quality time with her. She said, she always thought there was plenty of time, and before she realized it nine years had passed them by. Unfortunately wasted life can never be regained.

I don't mean to sound preachy or tell anyone what to do but in a heartbeat your life can end or the life of someone you love; so be sure to take the time, play cutouts or ball or just sit and talk to those you love while you have the chance. And everyday tell those you love that you love them. Tell yourself too, you are worth loving! Do something nice for yourself.

Another thing evident to me today loud and clear is the way life renews itself. My trees, bushes and plants have buds already and will soon bloom with life and beauty once again. Even with the mishaps and tragedys of life it is amazing and wonderful, and I thank God everyday for his blessings.

But less we forget again, we are not plants and our lives once gone cannot be renewed.

GOD BLESS AMERICA. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment