Friday, April 29, 2011

ROYAL WEDDING

I took a short nap yesterday so I would be wide eyed and bushy tailed for the ROYAL WEDDING. It started here in Nevada at 1:00 a.m., Pacific time on Channel 13. It was covered by Barbara Walters and Dianne Sawyer. I have to say I was pleased with their coverage of the event. They seemed to know when to talk and when to shut the hell up. I saw everything from Prince William and Prince Harry leave the residence headed for the Cathedral. I saw everyone arrive and go inside the church. I was amazed in a good way mostly by all the ladies hats. Then the long awaited arrival of Kate soon to be Princess. Her gown was gorgeous, stunning, and she looked regal and Queen like already with her diamond tiara. Kates family are all quite handsome, her dad, her mother a beauty in her own right. Kates sister and brother could both be movie stars. And I have to admit Prince Charles never looked handsomer. They say his marriage to his one true love Camilla, changed him for the better, and he, she, and the two sons are great friends. I stayed up untril nearly 5:00 a.m. fascinated by the whole affair. Everyone was off to a luncheon given of canipays and champagne hosted by the Queen before going to their places of residence to rest before changing for a dinner party given that night by the Prince and his new bride. The Queen would not be in attendance because the palace was being turned into a sort of nightclub for the young people to have fun.

By the way I have to comment on how lovely the Queen looked all in yellow. For an 85 year old woman she looked amazing. "Long Live The Queen!"

Today when I got up I tuned into Oprah who was dressed to the nines, hat and all, and so was her entire audience. She had Carson Daily or something or other in Kates hometown where she grew up, he was interviewing the towns people. It was interesting. Then Oprah gave out Kates favorite candies to the audience, and Prince Williams favorite chocolate cake while interviewing his childhood chef.

I don't believe much in fairytale lives but if this wedding is any example of the lives these two young Royals will be living, they may have made a believer out of me!

I ask Gods blessings for them both. . .

1 comment:

  1. Kate Middleton was so calm, poised, and beautiful. I agree her entire family are such
    good-looking people. I love all the pomp and celebration of life on displayed. And I wish Kate & Prince William a long, happy and healthy life.

    ReplyDelete