Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Searching for Love...

It's been awhile now since I lost my adorable Yorkies, Reeta and Rosee. I am still sad on occasion but much less than before and even feeling more like the old me, and believe me old is what I am becoming.

I have been combing the local Nevada animal shelter and rescue groups for a new little friend to love. I would love to have a small Chihuahua. A Chihuahua was the very first dog I ever owned. I was sixteen and bought her with my own money; earned as a carhop at A&W Root Beer Drive-in. Her name was Lady and she was fawn colored. I have owned many dogs since then but always loved those sassy little Chihuahuas.

Ever heard the saying: If it can go wrong, it will? Well put that saying to music and it would be my theme song, I kid you not. Listen to this and tell me you don't agree with me...

I began searching the local shelters in person and on the computer and found a local breeder but of course she had just sold her last teacup Chihuahua, so then I decided to stick with shelter dogs and give one a home. The one I found was an adorable 8 week old Chihuahua female pictured on the adoption page of The Animal Foundation in Vegas.

I called first thing the next day to go and see her close up and personal only to be informed that she was part of a 'confiscation' of dogs due to a cruelty case and she should not have been on the adoption page at all, that she was in the nursery getting special care.

It's been weeks later as of today and today was told she was being evaluated to see if she might be able to be put up for adoption and come home with me. She is very shy and shakes at the sight of people. I can't even imagine what kind of cruel jackass would abuse a small puppy and how she was abused. Apparently she is healthy as per the vet so maybe I will never know. But as far as friendly goes she will soon see that most people at least all she will ever come in contact with are sweet, kind and loving people. I will spoil her rotten...and love her to pieces.

All I need now for when she comes home is a name, any suggestions???

No comments:

Post a Comment