I started this LIST in July and then got busy with other topics, sorry, so here are the best of rest...
13.) To clean artificial flowers, pour some salt into a paper bag then add the flowers. Shake vigorously and the salt will absorb all the dust and dirt leaving your artificial flowers looking like new. Works like a charm!!!
14.) To easliy remove brunt on food from your skillet, simply add a drop or two of dish soap and enough water to cover the bottom of the pan, then bring to a boil on stovetop.
15.) Spray your plasticware, like Tupperware with nonstick cooking spray before pouring in tomato sauces and there won't be any stain.
16.) When a cake recipe calls for flouring the baking pan, use a bit of dry cake mix instead and there won't be any tasteless white mess on the outside of the cake.
17.) Wrap celery in aluminun foil before putting in refrigerator and it will keep for weeks.
18.) When boiling corn on the cob, add a pinch of sugar to help bring out the corns natural sweetness.
19.) Don't throw out all that leftover wine. Freeze it into cubes for future use in casseroles and sauces.
20.) Cure for a headache. Take a lime, cut it in half and rub it on your forehead. The throbbing will go away.
21.) To get rid of itch from mosquito bites, try applying soap on the area. You will experience instant relief.
22.) Ants, ants, ants everywhere ... Well they are said to never cross a chalk line. So get your chalk out and draw a line on the floor or wherever ants tend to march and see for yourself.
23.) When you get a splinter reach for the scotch tape before resorting to tweezers or a needle. Simply put the scotch tape over the splinter, press, then pull it off. Scotch tape removes most splinters painlessly and easily.
24.) Use air freshners to clean mirrors. It does a good job and better yet leaves a lovely aroma behind with the shine.
25.) Now just look what you can do with inexpensive ALKA SELTZER TABLETS. . .
* To clean a toilet drop in two alka seltzer tablets, wait 20 minutes, brush and flush.
* To Clean a glass vase or cruet, and remove the stain from the bottom fill with water and add two tablets, wait 20 minutes, shake and wipe clean.
* To polish jewelry, put two tablets into a glass or bowl of water. Immerse the jewelry for two minutes, remove jewelry, rinse, and wipe dry with soft cloth.
* Clean an old thermos bottle by filling it with water then drop in four (4) tablets and soak for one hour. If necessary.
* To unclog a drain, clear the sink clean by dropping three (3) tablets down the drain followed by a cup of Heinz White Vinegar. Wait a few minutes then run the hot water.
Do your friends a favor by passing along this list of inexpensive and safe tips to make life easier . . . Have a wonderful weekend!!!